dealers in general (warning to Bill)

Speaking about dealers, Bill remember to what your potential new
dealer's. service guy tried to do to my 9r when changing the oil.

The story, went to visit Bill on my 9r. When I got there it was
time for an oil change. The only Kwaker dealer around Bill's place
did not know what to charge for changing the oil on a 9r, so I was
thinking that they were not really focused on Kawi's two wheeled
products, but yet those that floated.

Anyway, so I get the filter and take the bike to the Triumph dealer
(no floatables there). So I am watching the mechanic try to remove
the filter. He kept having lots of trouble getting the old filter
off the bike. So of course being the proud Daddy I am I went in to
help. Finally the mechanics pride shook a bit loose and he let me
see what he was doing.

All it took was a simple suggestion from me, I'll quote it "I am
pretty sure that the [spin on] filter has standard right hand
threads, try turning the filter counter clock wise"

I am going to assume from that that Triumphs have internal oild
filters and not spin-ons, but damn, that scared the crap out of
me. And needless to say I double checked the the rest of the work
he did.

I will add to the list of scary things the first oil change on my
9r, where the mechanic forgot to tighten the oil filler cap. So
for those of you out there who have found really good dealers with
great service [wo]man, feel lucky, very lucky.

Thomas

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>

5025 Arapaho Road, Suite 406, Dallas, 75248
(972) 851-6945