RE: Ohlins Shock Info

Erik,

I must disagree ever so slightly about "the best". I think a Penske shock
would be as good or IMHO better than the Ohlins. Here in the east they did
one for my B12. Bruce asked me what our traveling weight was, how we rode
the bike and suggested what to use. Gave us a tour of the immaculate
facility and showed us that each shock is REALLY built for you, spring,
valving and type. You get a manual that shows you how to rebuild it yourself
(they will sell you the tools if you want) or they will rebuild it for you
for $50 (price last year). Sooner or later any shock will require new fluid
and o-rings. Bruce is so meticulous he even replaces the shim stack at every
rebuild. The shock was absolutely spot on, and in 15,000 miles all I did was
one click on the compression after it broke in. "I" think, if anyone wants
the absolute best shock, call Penske. Just an opinion from a very satisfied
customer and I'm planning on calling them up myself this winter.

Paul & Dee