Re: Fuel economy

At 02:22 PM 11/10/1999 -0500, Bill Flowers wrote:
 >This brings up a question I've never seen a definitive answer to: how
 >much gas does the ST use?  The numbers I've seen are all over.
 >I've heard city numbers down in the 40-45 mpg range and highway up to 65
 >but I don't know if this is accurate.
 >Let's be more precise: if you were NOT in city (stop-and-go) traffic and
 >were NOT heavy on the trottle (i.e. just having a fun cruise in the
 >country, averaging perhaps 50mph) how many miles per gallon do you
 >expect?  Or how far on a tank?  (I can do the math.)

My normal riding is more rural than urban, lots of interstate when
commuting, lots of back roads on the weekends.

I normally fill up around 220 miles and usually add right around 4.25
gallons (right around 52mpg) of 89 Octane petrol.

When on just the highway for long distance I normally run 250 miles on
about 4.5 - 4.6 gallons (around 55mpg).

When in Arkansas this summer the fuel consumption really dropped (not sure
why) and even with all the hard riding being done, I still ended up at over
60 mpg..... Go figure.

- - Eric