500 mile service..Heated Grips etc

- --=====================_133815==_.ALT

Well I took the scoot in yesterday for the 500 mile service and I must say
that for anyone in NJ or the surrounding areas that "Shore Power and Sport"
are a really super dealer! They did a great job on the bike. The Tech,
Brian treated the bike as if it was his own. Anyway they installed the
bags.. which are wonderful, fully the equal of the BMW bags, plus one gets
a much nicer grab handle to lift the bike onto the center stand. They
installed the front fender extension. And yes they did the heated grips
with the Euro Light switch!!!!  And it works great! There is a relay before
the grips so there is NO PROBLEM with too much current draw. If anyone
wants to see what it looks like just look at any picture of a British bike
and on the right side switch you'll see the switch. Actually if you look at
your own bike on the right side control right below the engine kill switch
you will see a rectangular filler panel that's where the euro part has the
head light control. As for the heated grips they sure do work! riding home
from the dealer last night it wasn't too cold maybe low 60's high 50's and
the grips where too hot on high and really warm almost too much on low! So
they should be great when it gets really cold. Anyway the bike checked out
fine CO was right on, chain was a bit loose, oil was switched to
Triumph/Mobil One, headlights were adjusted up ( they were VERY low) ECM
was read out ..no faults. All in all I can't be more thrilled with the
bike, except for the fuel gauge but I'm sure that'll be taken care of in
short order.

Erik
- --=====================_133815==_.ALT

and I must say that for anyone in NJ or the surrounding areas that
&quot;Shore Power and Sport&quot; are a really super dealer! They did a
great job on the bike. The Tech, Brian treated the bike as if it was his
own. Anyway they installed the bags.. which are wonderful, fully the
equal of the BMW bags, plus one gets a much nicer grab handle to lift the
bike onto the center stand. They installed the front fender extension.
And yes they did the heated grips with the Euro Light switch!!!!&nbsp;
[...]
short order.<br>
Erik</font></html>

End of st-digest V1999 #263