Re: New member

Previously, Charla Easley (posting as Marc) wrote:
> Bill,
> Is it your wife that wants to take the COURSE? If so, let her go and maybe you
> go as a refresher.

Yes, she wanted the course and a riding jacket for her birthday.  The
course is paid for, scheduled to start next week, and I've put a deposit
on the jacket.

Of course I'm all for it.  We have been thinking of riding together
since before we were married (17.5 years now and counting) and are
finally doing something about it! :-)

I plan to go back for the ERC (Experienced Rider Course) now that I've
got a couple thousand miles done.  I figure this is a good time to stop
bad habits dead in their tracks.

I can't take a course at the same time because someone has to watch the
children (9 and 12).  They are looking forward to sometime next year
when both my wife and I have the skills (and bikes) to take them both
2-up at the same time so we can all go on family day trips.  It'll
happen.

> It had been 9 years since I took the course and began
> riding. I just took it again with the same instructor, this summer. Yep, me
> and 15 guys...well,. life is good, I always say. It didn't bother me. You GO
> GIRL..... Funny how things were sharpened during that class. It's all in the
> TECHNIQUE.

Hmmm, reminds me of a trip I took to Spain just before I turned 18.
There were 24 women and me in the group.  But that's another story.  ;-)

When I took the MSF course this summer exactly 1/3 of the class were
female. Most of them picked up the riding faster than I did.  Of course
I'm known by my friends to be clumsy and ill coordinated until new
skills become reflexive ... right Thomas?  :-)

> Later,
> Charla-yep female..
> ridin' a stallion red Sprint ST 99
> Came from a CBR1000 with 40,000miles put on by me, myself and I....One of 3
> bikes of my own.
> (oh yeah,,,,,Marc(husband)rides red Sprint ST99 from ZX10 with 50,000miles-one
> of 3 of his bikes.--OH MY GOD! THAT MAKES 6 BIKES IN THE GARAGE....oh
> well....:)

Willemina (my wife) keeps looking at different bikes saying: "I'd like
one of those, and one of those, and ...".  What a woman! Sounds like
your Marc and I are both lucky men.  :-)

- --
Bill Flowers
Clearwater FL
'00 blue Sprint ST soon ... I hope