Re: Steering Damper

>For the last few rides, I have had a few occasions to wonder if a steering
>damper would be a good idea - allow me to explain with a couple of examples

When I had mine up at Thunderhill, and really had the chance to open it up
down the straight, I found it very easy to lighten the front end going from
2nd to 3rd and even 3rd to 4th. I think what you experienced in both cases
was just that, the front end becoming real light. I don't think a steering
dampener is going to help much in that case. Just realize that with the
front wheel off the ground the steering feels loose and any input you give
it is going to be noticed big time. A steering dampener is made to prevent
high speed wobbles on quick steering bikes, and the Sprint is steady enough
in my experience that it doesn't need one.

Matt Knowles - mattknowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - (408) 977-1804
http://www.aestheticdesign.com