Re: RS/ST ??

At 07:07 AM 09/24/1999 -0400, Wrrduckman@xxxxxxx wrote:
 >OK now I've seen pictures of the RS. This is the look I wanted when I was
 >bike shopping and ended up with the ST. Does anybody make a fairing that
 >looks similar to the RS that will fit the front fairing of my ST.

I'm not aware of any aftermarket fairings for the ST, but there are
companies that make new plastics - I'm sure that they could come up with
something. Of course you could also break out a Dremel and just cut your
stock fairing down.

 >Or does
 >anybody know how much "stuff" I'd have to buy to change my ST fairing to an
 >RS?

I would assume that it would be a lot and that there would be some
fabrication on your part. I remember reading somewhere that the cockpit
assembly is narrower on the ST, so you likely be adding a new subframe in
addition to the new fairing. Once you had the new subframe you would have
to figure out how to mount the gauges in the space provided.

With all the damaged panels floating around out there :-( I'm sure that you
could put together a right and left upper fairing at a reasonable cost that
you could cut down and then get repainted.

- - Eric