Re: Valentine 1 on the ST

FWIW.. I have my V1 mounted IN the hard bag. Yes it works fine.
Remember radar waves blow right through plastic. The fact that it's
black ( or red or blue for those unfortunate folks =:-) isn't any
different to the radar as the clear plastic of ones wind screen. I
use the remote visual unit mounted to the handle bars, and I have the
remote audio unit under the seat. A female lead runs out the front of
the seat so I can plug in my ear phones. I have done a similar
install before and I did it like this for several reasons. First V1's
are NOT waterproof. Second I don't like having to worry about theift.
They are expensive so in the hard bag it's safe clean dry. Also it's
always there, it can't save you if you forgot it at home cause you
are just out for a quick ride. Of course if you don't have bags or
don't leave them on then this method won't be for you. Of course if
you have the top box that would also be great place for it!

The one thing I can tell anyone for sure is that you will need the
remote audio unit, at least. You can not hear the V1 go off at any
speed above 40 and at the speeds one NEEDS the V1 you definity can't
hear it unless you have an ear plug or something. (autocom etc) Also
the need for audio is so great because at warps speeds you are not
looking down at the display but the road.. at least you better be :-)
If any one is interested I can take pictures of the installation.

If one was going to do a V1 and use it in their tank bag you could
prolly just use the remote audio unit. Although you will still need
to wire in the power adaptor. Also I think it's either J&M or Sierra
Electronics does a mod to the V1 ( Valentine is aware of this and is
OK with it, ie  will not void your warrantee) that puts an 1/8"
female jack in the unit for an ear plug.

Erik

Hot Dawg