Re: Triumph Performance Pipe, D205/D207 combo

> Any noticeable decrease in fuel economy? I've been getting 44 - 47 mpg with the stock pipe,

Only filled up once so far so I can't offer too much info, but that one
tank seemed to be in the range of 47 which is spot on for our average.
More info later.  (FAOYSA, yes, Lisa did say we put 300 miles on them,
just put them away without a second fill up).

> ...though I'm leaning toward stainless just 'cause I don't really go for the CF look.

We like the look of the stainless also, but heard a friends Carbon Fiber
once and liked it's sound a lot better.

> ...On that note, any observations on running a D207 front tire with a D205 rear?

Just put my 3rd D205 on the back and will put on the second D207 on the
front before going to the rally.  I have had the 205 slide a little on
the rear without warning, but it was really smooth and regained traction
in a very smooth manner as well.  I am sure putting 207's on both wheels
(or other high performance tires) would fix this, but with the miles we
put on the bikes, the 205 is a great compromise.  Dennis Tacket in
Dallas is running the same combination and when I asked him a while
back, he had not had them slide any, and I KNOW he pushes them harder
than I do.  I expect that this is the mark of a smoother rider, since he
has track miles racing and I don't.

..Richard White

Note:  FAOYSA is a new acronym I just penned that stands for "for any of
you smart asses".

End of st-digest V2000 #271