Re: Rear Hugger for RS; Used ST & Daytona parts.

Bought a Triumph rear hugger for the RS and after going thru the instructions
returned it.  It requires a rear-end disassembly besides which it mounts to
the swingarm with 4 square pieces of double-sided tape.   There is a new
chain cover included which ties in but there were also parts missing and it
seemed both overly complex and inadequate at the same time.  Also, it cost
around $150, a lot of money for something that didn't impress.

Does anyone know of any other rear huggers for the RS?  I know that Lilley's
has a CF unit for the ST but I wonder if the RS might be too new for a lot of
aftermarket stuff to have appeared.

Anyone looking for used ST or Daytona parts call Cycle Outlet in Cumberland,
MD (western MD) (301)724-6923.  Ask for Debbie or Marvin.  They're very nice.
 Tell them that
you got the number off the Triumph net (I told them that I'd post it).  Also
they have a clean Triumph Adventurer with 1600 miles that fell on the left
and broke the sidestand and engine case.  They have a replacement case.  With
these replaced the bike is totally rideable and has very slight and limited
cosmetic damage.  They're only asking around $2,600-$2,800.  PS: I have a
centerstand for '99 ST in top shape cheap if anyone needs one.

Fred ("Gentleman Dawg") Honigman