[ST] Talking of riding pain

"after about  7 or 8 hours, I get some terrible stiffness and pain right
between my shoulder blades.

Any one else have this too?  Any solutions?  I'm 5'9", mostly arms and
legs."

Ya, Hotel, Alleve, Hot tub, in that order!  Seriously, some good
stretching at each gas stop will stave this off for a while. A good
stretch and a couple of Allege before you start help enormously.
Personally, last summer I had my Iron Butt aspirations dashed when I
discovered on a long trip that I can ride 6 hours phenomenally-2 more
adequately-and 2 more after that well, dangerously.  Perhaps I could do
more if I use more freeway, but for me that's not where it's at.  Miles
for Miles sake is not my kind of riding.

David
'99ST