[ST] New Daytona and other stuff

Holy send button Batman.... 129 posts in 48 hours ? Is everyone stuck
indoors ?

First, to those new owners / new subscribers that have recently joined the
list and not been welcomed properly, let me just say "Welcome". We really
don't normally talk about Daytonas this much....

Of course I started this mess off by asking what everyone thought.... sorry.

"Ashley Bennett" <spondon955@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Why should Triumph be worried, because a predominantly touring biased list
>isn't too keen on it's sportsbike ?

Two reasons -
1) The Sprint ST was criticized as being too Japanese looking - if we don't
like it..... and
2) This group as a whole has been more supportive of Triumph than any other
Triumph list that I am on. If we can't get behind it....

And it's not just this list - every other major Triumph list that I am on
have had similar threads.

Now with that being said, I must say that I think that I have found the
source of all the criticism. The blame rest squarely on Triumph's shoulders
(sorry in advance to the Triumph execs on the list). I cannot believe that
they actually distributed those early pictures of the Daytona. When I first
saw the pics I must say that I was disappointed in how the bike looked. I
carried this opinion until I saw the pics that Steve Lilley took and posted
to the T5 list. As many on the T5 list have done, I have now changed from
dislike to approval. The photographer that took the release shots should be
sacked....

Thanks to Steve for taking some good shots that really show off the lines
of the bike. I am now looking forward to seeing one in person.

- - Eric