Re: Who knows what these two sockets are for?

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Miner"

> Oh and I didn't know that some
> ST's use an O2 sensor.. I don't see where on the exhaust header it
> goes unless there are different headers for different countries.

I can confirm is that the O2 sensor is shown in the wiring diagram of the
'99 ST, but the description notes that it is for 'closed loop catalyst only'
(which I believe is still limited to Germany only)

Curiously, the wiring diagram for the '00 ST makes no mention of an O2
sensor 'per se', but does indicate that a Lambda sensor is standard issue.
I understand that a Lambda sensor IS an O2 sensor

Finally, the wiring diagram for the RS shows a 'heated oxygen sensor' as
standard, but does not refer to it as a Lambda sensor.  Go figure!

So, with the exception of bikes delivered to Germany, all '99 STs did not
have an O2 sensor, and all other '00 STs and RSs do have O2 sensors.  I can
only assume that this did not change in '01, but judging from all the subtle
differences I have noticed so far, you never know!

Neil