[ST] Idiots selling motorcycles

Ah yes.  The "idiots selling bikes thread".  8-)

Another reason I prefer the Triumph shop (and European in general). They
TEND to be much more knowledgeable of their product lines. My theory is that
many of the "Big 4" shops are not only multi-brand, but they also sell,
watercraft, 4-wheelers, 3-wheelers, generators, lawn-mowers and god knows
what else.  The people they hire may be generator experts but don't know
squat about bikes, especially the level of detail we thrive on.

"so Buz, at what RPM does the torque curve flatten out on this baby?"

Buz replies;  "Duh, what's a torque?"

European brand shops, even if multi-brand, tend to be BMW/Triumph or
Triumph/Ducati/Aprilla, etc., are usually smaller shops, AND concentrate on
motorcycles.  The folks are much more knowledgeable about their brands, the
competition, and motorcycling in general.
I also think this also is due to the higher expectations of there customer
base (and no, I'm NOT being elitist, this is just my experience).

And you can bash Harley's if you choose, but they also usually have very
competent sales folks (even if they don't want to compare performance
statistics) <g>

Of course there are exceptions on both sides.  For example, the
Honda/Triumph shop in Beckley W.Va. were very knowledgeable about Triumph,
even though just acquired.  And got me on the road with brakes, tires with
minimal time and money last year.  Then there are a few Triumph shops
discussed on this list I wouldn't trust to change the oil on my lawnmower.

STeve Duncan
Underdawg
2K -ST (Betty)
Dallas, TX