Re: [ST] Radiator Leak Questions

At 04:01 PM 6/11/01 -0400, Frank Roscioli wrote:
>It finally happened, after 16,000km my rad has sprung a leak near the upper
>left mount.

Bummer

>My problem is that I am leaving on a 4 day trip on Thursday and
>my dealer cannot have a new rad in before next week.

They cannot get one overnighted ? (oops - just saw the .ca - maybe they can
get one from the states ?)

>My questions are; has
>anyone ridden any distance with this leak. Do I take that chance? Has anyone
>tried any stop leak, any concerns? The warranty expired in Feb, should
>Triumph cover this defect. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

I would think that as Triumph redesigned the part to stop it from leaking
at the same area that you are having problems, that they may offer to cover
the unit (especially as the unit is only a couple months out). As your
dealer doesn't seem to want to take the effort, I would make a few calls
and see what can be done.

Are you handled out of the US or UK ?

As for riding with the leak, all I can say is that you better have friends
in high places if the leak gets worse (very slippery stuff). Plugging with
a radiator sealant (I have some at home - can't remember the name) should
do the trick. I carry some on the bike at all times in case of punctures on
the road (stones etc).

- -Eric