Re: [ST] Hey Bench Dawg!!

"Sanford, John" <JSanford@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Are you a round dawg, or a square dawg?  Perchance a neanderdawg?  Maybe a
> Veritas dawg?  (after all, who wouldn't want to be a "true" dawg, eh?)

:-)  You're the first person to ask since I adopted this moniker.  For all I
know, you are the first to understand.  Except for Thomas "Dilbert Dawg" aka
"Kawacker Dawg" -- we used to make sawdust together.

Being a geek (and proud of it) I lean more to the Normite side than the
Neander side, although I did handcut some dovetails once.  So I respect well
engineered items (hence my love for Triumphs).  I also used to live close
enough to the Lee Valley (Veritas) headquarters to be on a first name basis
with many people there.

Verily I am a Veritas Dawg.  :-)  Well engineered by nice folks.  Kinda like
Triumphs.

> How do you keep the dust of your Sprint?

Sometimes I resort to moving the bikes (my ST and SWMBO's Nighthawk)
outside, but usually only during an afternoon if I'm working instead of
riding.  Mostly I put the Triumph dust cover over my ST and an old moving
blanket over the Nighthawk.  Eventually I plan to have a proper dust
collection system.  For now I do what I can to control and contain it.  Not
easy when you are plowing dadoes and rebates (or rabbets) through MDF
(speaker cabinets -- one of the few good uses for the stuff).  I'd much
rather be doing something with my stock of black walnut, cherry or curly
maple.  (How was that for a passing gloat?)
- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL
'00 Sapphire Blue Triumph Sprint ST "Jewel"