Brake pads (was: Re: [ST] Re: Warped rotors)

At 07:36 AM 3/23/2001 +0000, barry.croft wrote:
>While we're on the subject of pads wearing out and causing warpage! do folk
>have any recommendations for alternative replacement pads? My rear pair have
>just about had it at 7000+ miles so I'll need to buy some soon.

On the front I installed Brembo sinterized pad (red series) on my RS at
15000 km. 38 GBP for the 4-set.
At first I thought I made a big mistake, because it seemed that I was
losing some braking power, but now I'm starting to appreciate them. They
require a bit more pressure on the lever but they brake as much as the
stock pads (not more). The main difference is that I can better adjust the
braking power depending on what I need/want.
However, I'm not completely sure I would buy the Brembo pads again in the
future, I still have to try them on the track. BTW, a side effect of these
pads is that they're much noisier than the stock ones, maybe because they
have no grooves.

On the rear I installed normal (not sinterized) Brembo pads (green series)
and they do their job fine. They cost 13 GBP.

- -andrea

         Andrea@xxxxxxxxx
  Triumph Sprint RS (lampu grogu)
http://www.motosardi.org/SprintRS