Re: [ST] Instrument Panel Removal?

Chris wrote:

>I needed to get in and adjust my headlight aiming on the ole' ST, and the
>ever helpful Triumph owners manual starts with the ominous phrase "remove
>the cockpit".

Gee Chris, you probably don't want to hear this right now,
but.............You can adjust the headlight WITHOUT removing the dash. The
adjustment screw are (barley) accessible by reaching in through the side
heat vent, and using a short screwdriver you can adjust each side.  I found
this out during the replacement of my bulbs with the Phillips Vision Plus
bulbs.

Word of advice for all of us.  ALWAYS check with this group before doing
something new.  The manual is not always accurate and most of these guys
have figured out the most efficient way of accomplishing a given task, being
the lazy sots that we are.

p.s. No advise on inst. pod removal (haven't had to do it) but fear not,
SOMEONE will come through for ya.

STeve Duncan
Underdawg
2K -ST (Betty)