Clutch cable (again) was: RE: [ST] Intro

Ben,

Yes, there have been lots of '01 ST's with broken cables, and yours fits the
profile perfectly. You can search the archives if you want. As far as the
warranty issue, I can't believe you let them make you pay for it. There
isn't a consumable part on the bike that wears out in 3K miles. Heck,
according to the maintenance schedule, there aren't any consumable parts
that need replacing under 12K, except oil and filters!

I'd suck up the spare you bought and keep it under your seat. However, I
would also go get my money back for the parts and labor on the one that was
replaced. Yes, this is a KNOWN issue! (or should be by now)

- -Chris