RE: st-digest V2002 #86

Good Day All,
As you guys might remember, my '02 RS is on order and it was with horror
that I've learnt that the '02 models have a closed loop engine management
system that, unlike the infinitely adjustable previous models, are factory
tuned in a one-tune-fits-all configuration!

Later....
I spoke to my dealer and he confirmed the flat spot under 3K rpm on the new
bikes! Yikes!!!
Good news (unconfirmed): The dealer told my a bit later that they received
an E-mail from the factory stating that there are some air box pipes that
needs to be re-routed that will cure the problem.

Even later still.....
The dealer phoned me and assured me that the flat spot is gone!!

Q. can anyone confirm this?
Q. Am I being bull$$$$ted here?

I am going to the dealer tomorrow to see the e-mail for myself as he cannot
forward it to me for some reason.

Gerrit Herbst
'01 Yellow RS (RIP)
'01 Yambox XJR 1300SP Midnight black