Re: [ST] New Year's Day

From: Randy S
>Ahhh, the first ride of the new year.  A bit cool (30 F) when I left but
hey
>it warmed all the way up to 33 by the time I returned!  The Frontiers suit
>(with liners in) did a fine job of keeping me warm (even w/o the 'lectric
>vest) but my feets needed the Gerbing socks.  Best part was my spankin' new
>Arai Quantam/f.  Much quieter than my old Quantam/e and ohhh so comfy.

I took my '00 RS out also. It was about 5 degrees colder than that when I
started out, and since the sun was down when i got home, it never was any
warmer. I have those same pants, but my jacket is the Frontiers Paddock
Jacket, not the 3/4 length version. Too short for this cold, so I revert to
the older Trophy jacket I had picked up for $99 new. (Such a great deal.)
It's nice 3/4 length, and seals up tighter, so I don't mind the increased
bulk.

I'm no hero, however, so I used my Gerbing liner in place of it's fleece.
Nice, but I do have to get those heated socks as my toes were cold by day's
end. Today was the first time I'd run with the grips on the higher setting,
felt good with the heated gloves.

I also manged to have my first stop by a LEO. Seems some pompius ass in a
car I passed called ahead to say I was "driving erratically, weaving in and
out of traffic." Well I never do such things! SHE couldn't ticket me though,
as she never saw me do anything wrong. heh heh  Honestly, though, I only
passed two cars, both in legal passing zones. F'n jerk.

Just too make me wait though, it seems some dyslexic bonehead at the
Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles transposed the last two digits of
my plate on the paper 2002 registration form (which I got not 24 hours
prior.) When she ran the number from the registration, it came back as being
stolen from a Yamaha. My plate was registered to me so she let me go, with
instructions to "get that straightened out at the Registry".

Only 110 miles, but enough to trip the RS over the 23,000 mile mark. Not too
bad for 21.5 months, riding only on weekends. (If I commuted to work on it,
I'd never get there.)

Ken M.
'00 RS