[ST] Re: tire pole again

Eric Mann asked about BT010's

Eric,
I have a set on the ST (front and back) and here are my impressions.
BTW, I consider myself to be more aggressive than most.

Immediately notice that the front tire makes the bike feel more twitchy
straight up.  The trade off is that it makes it more flickable.  I don't
care for it personally as I like it more neutral and less willing to
fall over in a turn.  I'd rather wrestle it down into a corner than have
it fall in.

The rear gives no confidence on the street.  It moves about just a bit
when ridden very aggressively.  Kinda like you're running over little
tar snakes, but you're not.  This was on a warm dry sunny day that I
consistently (over the course of a 10 hr day in the saddle across some
extremely twisty roads)  had the rear moving around slightly every time
I got it leaned way over in hot curve.

On the track, they seem to be fine, which makes me think that the tire
likes to be good and hot before it starts to stick.  Dunno.  Although,
sometimes I think I actually ride harder on the street (I know, shame on
me).   The other thought that crossed my mind is that they are just not
a good tire for heavier bikes.  I had some luggage with me when they
slid around, yet on the track with no luggage.....?  Hmmm.  Could be on
to something here...  Or maybe it likes lower pressures for the track?

On the other hand, their wet grip is unbelievable.  Obviously, the pace
winds down a bit in the rain, but I was really surprised at how much you
could get away with in the rain.  Brilliant at that.

Also, I got 2400 miles on the back right to the wear bars and a little
left on the sides.

Final recommendation:  010's not for the ST

Cheers,
Jonathan West
95 Trophy 4
96 Super 3