Re: [ST] Chains-n-Brakes

On Sun, 2 Jun 2002, Brian D wrote:
>> that sets it apart? Also any whisdom on chain/sprocket
>> replacement, anything here that would make it special or
>> different from any other bike, the price of dealier install
>> leads me to believe that there must be some special trick to
>> installing it or they would not want $150 for the labor.
>> Thanks again to anyone who can shed some light on this
>
> Don't know about the pads, yet. I've got new ones sitting in my
> garage, just haven't gotten around to putting them on, but I
> can't imagine it's that difficult.
>
> Regarding the chain, I think you're getting taken to the
> cleaners. I had my chain replaced at LoneStar Triumph in Austin
> and the TOTAL cost was US$140, labor was only $27 (I guess 1/2
> hour). Granted, I did not get new sprockets.

The nice folks at BMW of N. Dallas charged me 1.5 hrs for a new
chain. The mechanic learned how to do his first ST chain on my
bike. It was a good thing that the experienced Sprint Mechanic
was next to him.

Must resist stealer comments. Anyway, I am doing more and more
maintance at home.

Speaking of which, what do LM's think of the Yamaha yz426f ??

Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 12 months old, 16,650 miles)
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500