[ST] New member

G'day Everyone,
    My names Bill Wilkin, from Cobar, New South Wales, Good old Australia.
I've just picked up a 1999-2000? ST and i'm bloody impressed with it. I
owned a T150 back in the early 80's and have had a succesion of Nortons
since (some still in various lumps in the shed). I had a look at the Hinkley
Triumphs when they first appeared over here in the early 90's but wasn't
really impressed so bought a jap bike for my day to day riding. Recently i
had a magnificent accident which involved being knocked off the bike by a
Kangaroo which goes with the territory as i live in the bush. Anyway, a
friend of mine offered me his ST for $10000 Aust and after taking it for a
spin i was hooked and i couldn't argue about the price, what a steal. It has
11000kms on the clock and comes with Triumph saddle bags and rack. Now the
questions .....
 I've known the bike since new (and been embarrased by it's miserly fuel
consumption many times!!) and the story goes that he bought it new from
Peter Stevens Motorcycles in Victoria in October 1999, it's supposed to be
the 2000 model demonstrator that was supposed to go on display at the
Phillip Island GP that year but he bought it before they could display it.
Apparently the salesman didn't know and you can guess the rest. It's
probably a tall story but i'm curious. It's black, date of manufacture is
10/99 (i've seen the purchase papers and sure enough bought in October 99)
Frame number is SMTTF600MHY092364 Can anybody shed some light on this one?
I've heard about the clutch cable recall as a friend of mine has a new RS.
Does that apply to this ST?
Thanks
Bill