Re: [ST] Damn, horns again

On Sun, 13 Oct 2002, Tony B. wrote:

> Yup.... again, I have still not upgraded the horns,
> Now that Ill be adding the piaa bulbs what better time
> to do it. I have rulled out the air horn after much
> thought.
>
> 1. Has anyone been able to mount 2 elec aftermarket
>    horns in the stock location w/o any clearance
>    problems or suspension traval issues(any pics)

I have 2 hornes mounted, electrically from a relay. Physically I have a
round pancake type horn in the OEM position with a horn type mounted off
the lower right raditor mount.

> 2. What is the best, loudest, most offensive,
>    obnoxious horn to use... last I checked the Bosch
>    HC9 or some such thing was they one.

I ahave 2 Fiams, high and low notes (respecitvely) and they seem
to be able to get peoples attention. One of these days I am
going to see if I can get a second on the left lower raditor
mounting point. I want to be able to equally annoy those on my
left as on the right:-)

t.

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 18 months old, 25,100 miles)
 '00 Yamaha WR400F
 '01 Suzuki TL1000s (last count 14 days, 403 miles)
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500