Re: [ST] Texas Raid Ralley-The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

> Group riding has always made me want to know more about first aid
> procedures so I'm glad to finally be doing it

Really good point. Over the years, several riders I've been with have gone
down, the most notable for me being my husband. By the time I got my bike
stopped and ran back to him, everything that I thought I knew about first
aid went right out of my head. The only thing I could think of was to keep
his head still and hope to God he kept breathing until EMT's got there.
Fortunately, the first person on the scene was an ALS tech on vacation. The
end result was several days in hospital with shoulder and (many) rib
fractures, and a vow by both my husband and I to take some first aid
training. I never want to feel/be useless at an accident scene again.

Cheryl
'99 ZX9R