Re: [ST] chain guide needed - quick!

> For example, if I was king, they would
> have a set of
> luggage for every ST sitting in NA inventory.

WOW!  If you were king, we'd be paying alot more for
our stuff to cover all of the extra costs of
producing, shipping and storing that unpurchased
inventory.

I'm not much of a business man, but I know that if
nobody's gonna buy your product, then you shouldnt
make it.  More appropriate for this situation, if
people are only gonna buy half the number of optional
add-on units for all of the base units you made, then
you lose money, or make less depending on the
situation.  I made those numbers up, no idea the ratio
of sprint sales to luggage sales is.

Granted, the first couple of years are tough to
predict, and it's a business decision how on whether
or not to err on the side of overstock or understock.
This risk is SOMEWHAT lessened if you know the EXACT
same product will be available next year (red luggage
from '99 will work for '02).

So, if 66% (that's a guesS) of the buyers of Sprints
buy luggage, and you make 1000 (for easy math)
Sprints, then you need to make 660 luggage kits.  This
is an over simplified example, because as we all know
there are 2 and 3 box kits, topbox only kits, as well
as color options.