Re: [ST] Various Items for a new member to the list...

Kevin Dicks wrote:

>1. A few weeks ago I had the 'pleasure' of attending a training course
>in MA to allow me to obtain my bike license
Good stuff.  I have still not found a way to get a US licence, as I do not
own a bike in the US, there appear to be no rider training schools who
provide bikes other than the MSF and all their courses in NJ this year were
fully booked when I moved here in March.  Perhaps I'll try again in Texas.

>2.  Filtering/Lane splitting /Whatever you want to call it - not sure if
>it is legal in MA but people had told me not to do it and I hadn't seen
>many people do it while I was out driving my truck
It's illegal in many of the states and even if it is legal, you need to be
even more careful than in the UK.  UK drivers might suddenly change lanes in
front of you, but usually it's because they are not looking.  US drivers
really seem to block your path deliberately.

>4. After I got my bike back from the first service I noticed that it is
>leaking oil from what I can only assume is the oil pressure switch on
>the left side of the engine.
If you mean the area around the front sprocket cover, it could just be oil
fling from the chain.  If the oil level is within the two marks in the sight
glass (or is it a dipstick on the 2002?), clean the oily area thoroughly,
don't over-lubricate the chain and check it again after a ride; you'll
probably find it isn't a leak, just chain lube.

Safe riding!

Neil