Re: [ST] Latest Tune Question/Lane Splitting

The driveability problem you describe is caused by a lean
mixture or too little fuel at idle and in the lower rpm
ranges.  My 2000 ST had the same problem and the dealer was
unable to fix it. You may be aware that Triumph requires the
dealers to purchase a Gunison carbon monoxide (CO) monitor.
They are supposed to adjust the idle mixture whenever they
install a new tune. To make a long story short. My bike was
a pain in the ass for about 12 months. I finally bought a
Techlusion FI adjuster and using my own Gunison meter
adjusted the CO at idle to 3%. My ST runs great now. Come to
find out my dealer's Gunison is off by 1.5%.

John H. Seltzer
2906 Alvarado Drive
Bellingham, WA 98229
360-647-7702
jhseltzer@xxxxxxxxx

Colt4530 wrote:

> "My bike is going in for a service in a couple of weeks and the dealer
> says they will put the latest one on if I want"
>
> As with all mods to anything (audio, cars, wenches :-), etc.) you should
> be addressing a specific need.  If not don't do it.  I have a 2002 RS
> that was running rough below 2500 rpm, and had abrupt response to the
> throttle at any rpm.  I asked the dealer if that was normal and they
> decided to update the tune.  In goes #14 and it wouldn't start (#14 is
> only for the 600s they later found).  So, they had to send their
> programmer (Gameboy?) to TOA to be reprogramed and they put in #13.  It
> runs much better; I can roll into the throttle at an apex smoothly now
> and 2000 rpm is now usable.  It will also pull away from a stop at 1500
> without stalling.
>
> So, it seems the dealer CAN put in ant tune he has on hand in any order,
> but they have to *have* that tune.
>
> John

> *   *

- --