[ST] re: Hypothetical Insurance proceeds

Sadly, I'm one of the few who wouldn't replace my hypothetically totalled Sprint with another RS.  Not, however, because of any shortcomings of the bike.  The only real shortcomings of the RS from my perspective are the lack of bungee hardpoints, the lack of a helmet lock, and the so-so mirrors.  None of those problems would prevent me from replacing it with another if the worst happened.

No, my reluctance is rooted in another cause.  No local dealers.  As long as that's the situation, I'm not going to venture into the realm of unsupported ownership, regardless of the make of bike.  That means no Triumph, no Aprilia, no MuZ, no Moto Guzzi for me.  Either I have to move, come into buckets of money, or have a dealership for support to entice me down that path.  One adventure without dealer support is enough, thankayoua.

IF I had a local dealer, I'd probably go with a Triumph as a replacement.  Unless, of course, Suzuki comes out with a DL-650!  A LIGHTWEIGHT mid-size Trailie/Adventure Bike (a la BMW 1150GS, Triumph Tiger, etc) using the SV-650's powerplant.