Re: [ST] for Rich - tire pressures

On Sat, 2003-08-16 at 00:38, don draper wrote:

>  >>> Less pressure means ....... more heat <<<
>
>     True for bias ply tires but not for radials.

Actually its a lot more complicated than that. On the GSXR100 and ZXR750
for track days I leave the tyre pressure at 34front 36rear PSI as the
high speed workout will push the pressure up to  36/42. But that is with
constant load. For two up use on the ST I wil also run at 36/42 as these
are the researched setting by Triumph. If you potter about below 80mph
you can probably reduce the presures as the tyres will be doing very
little work. Also If you have hight road and ambient temperature the
heat will push the pressure up even at low speeds.

Man from Avon once said to check the tyre pressures at operating
temperature. When the tyres go cold check the pressure and then use this
setting as the reference...

Two high a pressure at high speed makes radials over heat. I think your
info is dangerous and misleading...