Re: IBR notes &....Re: [ST] Updated Sprint-ST???

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003, STeve Duncan wrote:

> Well I suppose it's all in ~what~ your intended use is. And I
> think that is something folks should think about long and hard
> before committing to a particular machine. I am following the
> IBR pretty closely right now (should

Aiy!!!! You are correct my wise friend.

As far as the IBR, I am too following it! One thing to note,
while the FJR only accounts for something like 6% of the IBR
field, and BWM around 50 or 60%, their have been over 100k BMW's
sold, while under 3,00 FJR's sold before the start of the IBR.
With the number of BMW's failing to finish this year's rally, it
will be interesting to see what the mix will be next time..

Personally, I plan on volunteering in the '05, and trying to get
a start in the '07 IBR.

I am still trying to figure out if I can put more miles on a ST
or FJR in a day!

Go figure.

> be finishing up this weekend) and the FJR's are showing fairly
> well (not as

Some would say that a FJR may win. Of course in the top 7, there
are 6 BMW's and one FJR. And short of a freak storm that only
takes out those 7, one of them will win.

> So my take is the FJR, BMW-K12GT, ST-1300 and the like are
> great ~GT's~, but

There has been a lot of talk about the ST-1300 on the FJR list,
from what I can figure out, the concensus seems to be that Honda
dropped the ball on this one.

Time will tell.

t.

 Thomas Emberson, Dallas, TX
 '00 Yamaha WR400F (self abuse in style)
 '01 Suzuki TL1000s
 '03 Yamaha FJR1300

 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500
 killed by rocks: '01 BRG Sprint ST (18 months old, 25,152 miles)