[ST] Chain Lube, posters/posers, and Triumph bike comparo

" but I agree with one of the other posters in that it does
tend to make the chain look dark and dirty."

Did you say posters or posers?  You guys sound like the Harley guys with
their nice, clean, purddy motorcycles they polish up and ride 10 miles so
they can show off parked in front of the bar.  You'd fit right in if you
could find a chrome plated chain.  I use Honda ProLube every 500 miles and
chose to go the other way.  I ride a lot so that the bike is somewhat dirty
most of the time that way the chain isn't as noticeable.  Now, don't be so
sensitive to my sarcastic comments and go get the rest of you bike dirty a
bit.

I thought about the Scott Oiler, but don't you have to fill it every 500 or
1000 miles, depending on which reservoir you get?  Yes, it gives you "even"
lubrication throughout the 500 miles as opposed to spraying it once every
500.  But I've still gotten 18-20K out of chains and change them as a
preventative maintenance action rather than trying to get as many miles as I
can.

I added a Speed Triple and Bonneville T-100 to the garage this winter.  Man,
I can't wait to get the breakin behind me.  Now, compared to the Sprint ST.
The S3 naturally is a quicker handling bike with a tighter suspension and a
stone slab for a seat.  Give the wrist a twist and you'd better hold on or
you'll be sitting on the pavement watching the bike run down the road.  The
'00 ST seat is incredibly soft and comfortable by comparison and the bike
feels much bigger and slower than it did before.  But the ST is the bike for
those long, ride all day weekends.  I've made a few mods to the Bonnie going
the cafe racer style.  It might be way down on the power ladder, but with
the ace bars and your head looking over the headlight it feels like you're
going faster.  The Bonnie might end up being the most enjoyable ride.  It's
not the fastest or a real long distance rider, but it is a pure joy to ride,
the true essence of motorcycling that gives you that bug in you teeth smile.

Doug Bailey "Hound Dawg"

'97 HD Low Rider (yes, I'm a Harley rider too)
'00 Sprint ST
'02 BMW R1150GS
'02 Speed Triple
'03 Bonneville T-100