Re: [ST] Push starting an ST

<<
Cripes, I know I would not want to have to bump-start my ST.  But I have
done it on the Hawk GT before...the technique I've seen most often is to
run along side the bike with it in second or third gear, get up a little
speed, then jump onto the bike and when your bum hits the saddle, that
compression is supposed to give you the extra weight you need so that the
tire doesn't just skid when you pop the clutch.

I got to do a bump start on my '99 in the parking lot of the last TSRA
rallye held at the Pisgah Inn.  Fortunatly I wasn't the last to leave so I
got help pushing.  2nd gear, up to speed, quick dump of the clutch and I was
off.  The battery had gone just flat enough overnight(it was already 2.5
years old) that it wouldn't turn the bike over anymore.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen