Re: [ST] Mobil 1 15W-50 SuperSyn Oil

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Heyer, Matthew A." <mheyer@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: August 9, 2004 8:42 AM
Subject: RE: [ST] Mobil 1 15W-50 SuperSyn Oil

> Both the red-cap being JASO MB and the Triumph being JASO MA are on the
> label here (at least the current bottle of red-cap that I still have at home
> - bought at Wal-Mart, and the Triumph bottle I looked at last weekend at my
> local Triumph dealer.

I just had another look and can confirm the lack of a JASO designation on the jug of
red-cap that I bought from Wal-Mart within the last month.  It wouldn't surprise me if
it's old stock compared to the stuff you get down there though.  It does say "Product made
in the U.S.A." and the label says "New size!", "4.4 Litres".  I thought this number was a
bit odd, however, since it doesn't convert evenly to any other volume measurement standard
that I know of.

I don't doubt for a moment what you say about the JASO labelling of either product.

Neil