Re: [ST] Remapping

> On that note - someone mentioned that on the <2002 machines without an
> oxygen sensor a  good dealer would use an EGA to tune the CO2 as part of
> the tune. I assume this would also apply with the tuneboy, so one would
> have to purchase or have access to an EGA as well, right?  Or can an
> oxygen sensor be installed and read with enough accuracy to be useful?

That would be me. It's actually a CO adjustment. Yes, an EGA is the way to
go if you have one, but Wayne says "seat of the pants" tweaking is OK. He
lists his recommended steps for this in the documentation. As noted in
another reply, there is a specific temperature range where the ECU lets you
adjust the CO. So the procedure is to have the bike cool/cold, let it warm
up to the bottom of the temp range, and get your adjustment done before it
gets too hot. Not a big deal to do, just don't fart around.

Garry