[ST] Triumph Carbon Fiber Race Can Install Question

Not to sound too stupid here...

So I remove the old stock can from my 02 RS. Piece o cake.

Unbox new CF can, align pipe, install copper gasket and screw the connector
pipe onto the can (finger tight only at this point).

Now for the curious part. I assume the top of the can is where these two
nickel sized holes are. There is white packing material visible under the
holes. It feels like there are bolt holes UNDER the packing (not sure). The
mounting bracket has two bolts and a bracket that are supposed to fit onto
the can somehow (not clear).

Question: Do I just cut away a wee bit of packing and screw the mounting
bracket into the (assumed) holes underneath?

Figured I can wait for a reply before screwing something up. There is no
clear picture or description of how the mounting bracket is supposed to
attach aside from it bolting onto the can (somehow).

Garry