Re: [ST] Riding Two Up on the ST

In your message regarding Re: [ST] Riding Two Up on the ST dated Mon,
12 Jan 2004 20:57:17 -0800, Just Daetrin said that ...

>JD- Thanks Rich.  Can I assume that the top box is not a really good/reliable
>JD- back rest then?

It is excellent.  Add the panniers and your pillion is nicely wedged
in so much so that my wife fell asleep on our first long trip.

We had got the overnight ferry from Plymouth UK to Roscoff, France.
The ferry docks at the nicely sociable time of 5am UK local (6am
French local).  As this was the only trip of any duration she had
ever experienced as a pillion I "warned" her that she may fall
asleep.  She replied that there was no way she would fall asleep as
she was so scared and would be clinging on for dear life.  Halfway
down the road to Rennes I could hear her snores over the Autocomm and
her helmet was bouncing off my back :-)

Be aware that the pillion cannot move around as much as you do so you
will need to make your trips shorter and stops more frequent
otherwise you will get complaints!!

- --
Mike Bostock
mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx