Re: [ST] Aftermarket Turn Signals

Garry,
You can get smaller, carbon fiber looking turn signals from a bunch of
places to include Targa and Lochart-Philips.  I got a set that looks like
those on the Speed Triple with three wire dual filament bulbs.  Wired them
as turn signals and running lights.  Problem with the smaller ones is the
amount of light.   I've tried LED's, He-Xe, et al and it really boils down
to the reflector area more than the bulb brightness.  For the doubters out
there, try it, and you'll see what I mean.  I actually put aluminum foil
behind the Targa lights which made them significantly brighter.

I went the other way on the ST, that is I actually went bigger, but with the
bags back there you don't notice it.  I put front turn signals from a
VTR-250 that have dual filament 1157 bulbs in them.  Definitely bright and
running lights too.  Yes they are amber, yes they violate the law "in some
states" and unless you totally PO the officer they won't cite you.  (Asked
several retired PA SP that I work with, first, they did not know what the
law was and second, they said to get cited somebody was having a really bad
day.)
Just thought the extra info might be helpful.
Hope this helps,
Rod