[ST] for STeve - bathing

 >>> riding a m/c while taking a bath would be a dangerous thing <<<

    A Biker?  Bathe??  Who'd believe such a story???  A little water
never hurt anyone... but soap is pernicious!

for Derek and John:

 >>> welcome back. How was the NZ trip? <<<

    Since you ask,... One evening last week found me riding down a
nearby country road with a full moon frolicking through the trees
above my head.  It occurred to me that on the night of the last full
moon, friend Myron and I had been standing on the beach at Marahau,
west of Nelson, where we had ridden to enjoy seeing the moonrise over
D'Urville Island, across the Tasman Bay.  We were glad we had come.

    We had opted for www.gotournz.com's End-of-Season, Fun & Funky,
Off-the-Beaten Track tour because it fit into our plans and sounded
like fun.  A most propitious choice!  For 15 days we were treated to
a glorious, seemingly limitless panorama of landscapes, seascapes,
majestic mountains, glaciers, rapids, forests, fjords, flora and
fauna, all of which are unmatched anywhere,... and all from very well
maintained roads.  Traffic was truly minimal - the reason the roads
are so winding and the pavement stays in such good shape - and police
were actually rare (although Myron managed to attract the notice of
one).  I now regret every day and every dollar I've ever spent on
bike tours in Europe and Central America,... there's no comparison.
New Zealand is the only place I'll make a trip to ride a motorcycle.

       Every evening we enjoyed being wined, dined and entertained
by the exuberant Brothers Fitzwater and their lovely wives in hotels
ranging from elegant to 'colorful', but always clean and comfortable.
Every morning after breakfast, they helped us pick out a day's route
most suited to our riding preferences - we rode over 3,000 mi. on the
South Island - and pointed out offbeat lunch stops and scenic gems.
And the people!  Nowhere - and I was an international air line pilot
for 33 years - have I ever found a populace as friendly, honest,
hospitable and fun-loving as the Kiwis;... I hope they never change.
To quote Arnold the Governator: "I'll be back!".   And I can't wait

 >>> I was visiting with a guy the other day with a pristine VF Honda
like yours.  I wanted one of those so bad didn't know what to do. <<<

    I wanted the new VF1000F so badly when it came out in '84 that I
put the first one I saw on my short-lived American Express card. My
son and I now have three of them between us;... still a great bike!

 >>> www.takeoneforthecountry.com <<<

    So that our fine ladies in  uniform won't feel neglected, I'm
hoping to start a Men's Auxiliary here in So. California!

For Andy - ST gone....

    C,mon Andy,... you know you're supposed to fall under it so you
won't scratch it!         =8o)
                                     doggydoo   - - - o&\o