[no subject]

Rt 250 needs it's own section, it is in the top 3 of
best roads I've ever been on.  The other two are the
Cherahola Skyway and Deal's Gap.  It's that good.  In
fact it's a combination of the two, it has the scenic
views of the Chera but a mix of the really tight stuff
of Deal's Gap thrown in, absolutely great stuff.  I
cam up on a Harley running two up absolutely crushing
it, I eventually found my place to pass and carried on
ahead putting distance between us, but b4 turning off
on Rt 88 I stopped my the side of the road to give him
the thumbs up...he smiled.  I followed as he turned
off on Rt 88 as well....then proceeded to go into his
driveway haha!  Don't mess with the locals, they know
the roads well!

Carried on Rt 88 to Wheeling and took Peter's run road
to avoid traffic as recommended, and BTW Garry didn't
find any LEOs, but one truck flashed me, not sure if
he wanted me to slow down or was being genuine in that
an LEO was along the way.  Stayed in Washington, PA.
A 555 mile day.  My longest ever and I was ready to
quit!

Monday was Rt 136 West, to South Huntington and split
onto Mt Pleasant Road to 31, to 982 North.  Was
supposed to take 981 North, but the road was closed,
had to take 982 to North Derby then took a road West
to Keystone State park.  981 was nice, but had half
the road in one type of pavement, they other in a
rougher crap, couldn't go very fast.  To 286 to 119 to
286 again, to 219, to 879 to 153, 322, 153, (lots of
slab in these roads from 286 to now as I remember)
255,to 555 which was nice as I recall, to 120, to 872,
where I met a CBR f4i, Vstrom, Superhawk, at the
intersection of 872 and 120.  Some local guys that
were headed up 872.  They took me to a dam area just a
little bit up the road where there was a nice viewing
area and a Bald Eagle or two, pretty cool.  I asked if
I could wick it up a bit for the next leg and they
stated that's as fast as they go, so I led, did they
pace for a bit, then tried to see if they go faster
but no luck so I waved good-bye and off I went.  872
to Rt 6 East and 44 South.  Rt 44 is pretty entirely
narrow pea gravel road with nice views and what was
later explained to me by a Astronomy guy up there for
the wknd...a black-out area where they could view the
sky unbothered.  Stopped at a great overlook and down
to Rt 144.  Rt 144 back to 44 again to 220 into
Williamsport.  Total mileage was 355 miles.

Monday got up @ 3:!5 AM and slabbed it home 255 miles
to Norwalk, CT on Rt 15 and Rt 80 East to NYC area
doing 80 MPH indicated and messing with a Mitsu.
Eclipse almost the entire time which made the miles go
by dicing through traffic.  I had no idea now many
people get up before dawn to drive hundreds of miles
to NYC to work...price u pay to live in the country I
suppose.

A big thank you to Garry Simmons who took the time to
plan the route for me.  These types of trips are best
to do alone....the longer the mileage in a day the
better an idea it is, u can rest when u want, burn to
100 MPH when u want and answer to no one except locals
in Pickup trucks trying to run u over, LEO (which I
think I saw 3 the ENTIRE trip.) and wildlife (saw a
lot of dead stuff but for some reason a million
chipmunks scurrying in front of me.)

If anyone wants the routes in Garmin Mapsource format
let me know.

Bryce

End of st-digest V2004 #487