Re: [ST] speaking of turn signal lenses...

Coming home from an all day ride after dark, I came up on a lone bike on
I-99 and noticed that it was very hard to see from behind.  I got a pair
of turn signals, from an old Honda VTR 250 I think, that had dual filament
bulbs.  Now I have four bulbs burning to the rear all the time.  The
second filament, the bright one is for turn signals only.  Someday I might
buy a box to make them bright or I may get real ambitious and just look at
the schemating and wire them into the stop circuit (Some bikes you can do
it and others you can't. Worked on the front of my Connie but not on the
rear depending on circuit.)

In this experiment, I tried halogen bulbs, leds, clear, red, and amber in
various combinations.  IMO, leds aren't as bright as stock and there
really isn't a whole lotta difference between an $8 xenon bulb and a $1
stock bulb.  I also asked several PA retired State Police about the amber
versus red lens deal and they said to get a ticket for that you either
have totally run out of your share of luck for the year or you really
pissed the guy off and he is looking for things to nail you with.