Re: [ST] For iPat

Rich, im a student of Dan Inosanto who is based in Marina Del Rey.
Guro Dan was best known for being Bruce Lees top student but in the
martial Arts world for being the foremost authority of combatitive
martial arts. see www.inosanto.com

Our arts are chosen from the most combatitive effective available to
us. While some train in a single art, my core students train in them
all and find that there is a synergy that allows you to blend them
together in a manner depending on what the situation requires.

you cant take a race bike fitted for the track onto a moto cross
situation and expect to compete. So we train with boxers etc and mix
it into our training so that if required we can feel 'comfortable' in
whatever area we find ourselves in.

So we search for the best instructors. The different arts are
determined by their environment and most people train in nice gyms but
self defence is usually when you are suffering from the flu on
slippery pavements for example. Martial Art training and SD training
are therefore two seperate things.

The answer to your question is that we train in the particular arts
but as each one of us is an individual then we will take different
bits from it to suit our present situation and that will change every
5 years or as different life changes take place. This is what Sigung
Lee refferred to as Jeet Kune Do and it is clearly epitomised by Guro
Dan should you ever decide to pop in to have a look.

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:22:12 -0500, Masiak, Richard
<Richard_Masiak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Interesting martial arts.  What type is it?  Does the Aberdeen Martial Arts Group teach each style individually or is it their own conglomeration of the multiple styles combined into their own custom art?
>
> Rich

as a side note, Ajarn Sirachai is my thai instructor and he first
arried in the US in time to attend Woodstock of all things. He made
his name as a fighter in Thailand but also for origionally teaching
the Hells Angels and then the FBI who although were enemies would
train in teh same classes under him. Allows a bike connection to the
thread ; )

- --
iPat
live for today, live for tomorrow
"Truth is a pathless land. Man cannot come to it through any
organisation, through any creed, through any dogma, priest or ritual,
nor through any philosophic knowledge or psychological technique. He
has to find it through the mirror of relationship, through the
understanding of the contents of his own mind, through observation and
not through intellectual analysis or introspective dissection..."