Re: [ST] Blue Ridge Parkway feasible mileage in a day?

Bryce wrote:

> -Considering your own personal experience on bikes

I stayed at a hotel about 50 miles from the bottom of the BRP, including
detours for construction, I manage to get to the end of the BRP by the
end of the day, and in good shape for SkyLine drive the next morning.

It was dawn to dusk, in fact it was dark when I found a hotel. Probably
the earliest I hit the sheets the entire trip though.

I was completely spent, that was one ass kicking day.

I was on my '01 Sprint ST with 3 hard bags.

Was it fun, yup. Would I do it again, sure, I am no smarter today than I
was then :-)

BTW, for reference out west I would usually ride about 750 to 1000 miles
per day, 750 when riding through yellow stone, 1000 miles in wine
country and the dessert.

> -What's a safe speed over the 45MPH limit to carry on
> the BRP in the straights without attracting LEOs?

Relative term, the yogies are a bit more prevalent now. I stuck to at
least 10mph over posted.

cheers,
Tom

- --