[ST] new v. old ST fuel economy

So we've all been talking about this and stating our different mileages.  The past few weekends me (on my 2000 ST with off-road pipe and tune) and my buddy on his 05 ST have been riding together (same roads, same pace, same fuel stops, yadda, yadda, yadda...).  We have noticed that at fuel stops around 160 miles, he is taking 4.5 gallons (hence why we are stopping as he has one bar on the fuel gage left and .5 gallons of fuel left) while I'm taking 3.5 gallons.  That has been really consistent for multiple fuel stops for the past few weekends.  So I think that is a very good comparison of same pace, roads, weather, altitude, whatever.  To boot we are similar height and weight and neither of us are carrying a passenger on these rides.  For the actual mpg, we are flogging the bikes through the twisties.  :-)

MAH