Re: [ST] I've Lost That Rubbin Feeling...

Garry,

That is not very comforting to hear.  I just mounted a set myself and was very impressed with their stopping power.  I am not sure if it the pads themselves or just that as the pads in general wear the effectness of the system deteriorates.  I thought the stock pads were great when the bike was new but after 20,000 miles they seemed to lose their effectiveness.  I just replaced the stock pads which were about 75% gone at the front.  This is the earliest I have ever replaced brakes on a motorcycle.  How are you cleaning the pads and calipers?

I also replaced the rear pads that were completely gone.  This is the first motorcycle I have ever worn the rears out faster than the fronts.  I attributed this to riding with a passinger more on this bike than I have in the past.  On my Goldwing with linked brakes I wear out front and rear at the same rate.  My VFR goes twice as long on the fronts to the rears.