Re: [ST] Several questions

>>> matthewheyer@xxxxxxxxx 5/28/2006 8:08:03 PM >>>
Ah - interesting point.  Did they up the compression and recommended
octane on the '02-'04 engine?  My service manual, and both ST's are
pre-'02?

No, and my 03 doesn't ping at all (and I'm 6' 220#).  I've even run 87
at one point (only thing available) and it didn't ping then either...
It may be a bike to bike thing, or it may be due to fuel differences in
different parts of the country (it shouldn't be this, but it wouldn't
surprise me.  89 should be 89 no matter what additives are in the gas).
I guess my advice is if it pings, up the octane till it doesn't
anymore.

As far as the 200 tire, its not worth it unless you got it for free...

Dan

www.packereng.com