Re: [ST] sunday ride report

-----Original Message-----
From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of marc Ve
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 7:32 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] sunday ride report

<<snip>>

He was nuts, spinning the back up at 200 plus in the wet down the back
straight, then losing the front end and going down. For someone with as much
race experience as he has it was odd behaviour.

<<snip>>

In his defense (not know him personally)in the wet stuff happens fast.  Maybe it caught him by surprise.  I was in a low speed turn on the street easing the throttle on when the back wheel suddenly spun up and out me.  Almost did a low speed high side, but saved it (probably because of the low speed).

<<snip>>

I had a great day once it dried out - ran well within my limits but somehow
was going much quicker that the previous time. The bike is running very
sweet at the moment.

I'm not sure why I was going faster, the tires looked like I hardly pushed
them at all, and I really didn't feel like I was trying.

<<snip>>

Welcome to track riding.  Your subconscience is working for you remembering the track, the right line, speeds etc.  It's the natural progression of speed.  Congratulations!

Rich