[ST] Rear brakes gone bung 2001 Sprint ST

After pulling into the garage last weekend I noticed a grinding sound coming from the rear and low and behold, looks like the right side rear brake pads are shiznit. Dummy me, did not seem to think they looked bad at all when I changed the rear tire this past spring. Some scoring on the outer 1/4" of  the rotor doesn't look too severe.
Do bike shops turn rotors?
I've order some Galfer after market semi metallic.
Should I just go ahead a put new pads on? .

Thanks
Kevin