Re: [St] Sprint Turbo

On Jul 23, 2008, at 6:13 PM, Derek Wilson wrote:

I contacted the guy in SD, and he (of course) told me that my economy would actually improve.

That is so much BS it would persuade me not to trust anything else he said. If the point of a turbocharger is to stuff more air into the cylinder, you're also going to have to add more fuel to the mixture. I don't see how you could add more fuel to each compression cycle and end up with better fuel economy. Sure you're scavenging some heat energy and putting it to use, but that use is to increase horsepower which is why I'm sure you want the turbo in the first place.

Reading through the write up I also wasn't that impressed on their durability claims. They claimed they ran a few bikes with up to 4000 miles I think without blowing up the motor. Wow, what an endorsement that is.

How many miles did the one on Ebay have and how many of that were with the turbo?

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA - http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/ motorcycles
'99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
'01 KLR650 (A15) - for exploring the North Coast backroads
'97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
'79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned